Monday 28 December 2015

Live




I hope you had a fantastic Christmas, that Santa was generous  with the crafty goodies and you ate and drink lots of lovely things, oh and survived the Boxing Day sales.  Now with 2016 looming and the thought of resolutions in my head I was drawn to this text stencil, in reality every day is filled with intentions – to clean the house, do some ironing, lose weight, do exercise etc but rarely do those intentions survive.  As a person with a chronic health condition, pain and low energy those things just don’t sound fun enough, hence the choice of cheeky looking birdy who is whistling into space having been caught not doing what they should!.   This is my make today for the That's Crafty DT Blog. 

I started by randomly spritzing Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays  all over my journal page.  I was not too worried about mixing colours as Lindy’s are made with a different type of dye to most sprays so it is pretty difficult to make a mud colour.  I also spritzed water to get the colours to move and run.  I love the sheen they give.  I had not put gesso on the page as I wanted to see how they would work, this did of course mean the paper got very wet but it survived. 
Next I stamped randomly to create some background interest.
Next came Rub Ons then black texture paste through the stencil. 
Finally the Katzelkraft bird was stamped onto spare card, coloured with Pitt Artist Pens,  cut by hand  and stuck it on. 
Some doodling and random splashes of white paint and all done.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous journo pages! Moira . Love the colours of the background and how they work when blended . Your little bird is a cutie and looks fab sat on his word branch - clever !
    Wishing you a New Year full of happy ! Moira
    xx

    ReplyDelete