Monday 31 August 2015

The Greatest Thing in Life




This is my DT project over at the That's Crafty shop blog, That's Blogging Crafty today.
This started life as a Gelli print that just didn’t work so it became a wiping up sheet for smooshing left overs onto and over time I grew to really like it.  So I glued it into my journal and awaited inspiriation which arrived in the form of the iStencil girl stencil which I coloured using black paint.
I tidied up any rough edges and added more hair using the Artist Pitt Pen. Next I stamped the Dylusions stamp across the bottom and again tidies with the Fude pen, it is quite tricky to stamp on the left hand side of your journal  as it has less support. 

Next I started to mess around with That’s Crafty Dinky Stencils and paint and DecoArt Modelling Paste – I don’t seem to be able to make anything without this stuff these days I luuurrrve it.  To add a bit more texture  I added random stamping using paint caps and credit card.

Finally I came to add the Donna Downey quote stamp.  I decided against stamping directly onto the page as there was some texture form the page originally and I was not sure it would stamp clean so instead I stamped onto spare paper cut up and stuck on with Matt Medium and a little final doodling.

No comments:

Post a Comment